Twitter lists have been around for several years now but we still believe it is one of the most valuable assets Twitter has to offer but many are still not sure how to set up a Twitter list. Many marketers are asking for segmentation of their followers and lists are a great and simple way to do this.
How To Set Up a Twitter List
Twitter lists enable you to put individuals in specific groups of your choice that allows you to find, engage and listen more efficiently. For example, we have a number of digital trainers and consultants we work with and we have a list (database) for them to follow their conversation on Twitter.
The Method: Creating a Twitter list
Skill Level: Beginners/Intermediate
Time Taken: Less than 2 minutes to create
Who for: Twitter users
What to do:
- Log into Twitter and click on the icon at the top of the page:
- An option called ‘Lists’ will appear. Click on it.
- Click ‘Create list’.
- Add a name to your list, a short description explaining what this list is about, and select if you want the list to be private (for your eyes only) or public (anyone can see and subscribe to the list).
- Click ‘Save list’.
- Find individuals on Twitter who you think would be relevant for the list you have just created.
- Click on ‘head’ icon next to ‘Follow’.
- Select ‘add or remove from list’
- Select the list you want to add the individual too
- To find them, go back to step 1 & 2 and click on your list
Lists can help you segment your potential audiences. If you want a list just on ‘trade press’ to keep up to date with what they are doing then you can create and import Twitter handles into that list. A few popular lists people have created include: journalists, bloggers, influencers and their competition. If done correctly, you will find a lot of your research, insights and engagements through your lists.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function zemanta_related_posts() in /home/thinki39/public_html/theworstkeptsecret.com/wp-content/themes/Alpha_1-5/single.php on line 82