“Padlock Security Lock Closed Computer Icon Open” © 2012 Nemo, used under a Creative Commons Attribution-Public Domain Dedication license: http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en
Stop people from trying to access your Facebook account by using your mobile phone: If you, or someone else, tries to log on to your Facebook account from an unrecognised computer or mobile device, your mobile phone will receive a text message with a code that you will have to enter to continue the log-in process.
Every time you use a new device to log on to your account, you will have to follow this process. However, you will get the option to allow Facebook to ‘save’ the new device, meaning you will be able to skip this process for specific devices in future.
The Method – Protecting your Facebook Account
Skill Level: Intermediate
Time Taken: One minute
Who for: Facebook Users
What to do:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Activate the drop-down menu next to ‘Home’ in the top-right corner
- Click on ‘Account Settings’
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click ‘Mobile’
- Click on ‘+ Add a phone’
- (You may be required to reenter your password at this point)
- Select your country and network provider
- Text the letter ‘F’ to 32665. You will receive a confirmation code.
- Enter the confirmation code
- OPTIONAL: We would suggest un-ticking the two boxes below. Hiding your mobile number from Facebook is highly recommended if you want to keep your account as private as possible.
- Click ‘Next’ to complete the registration.
So What?: The process of safeguarding your Facebook account using a mobile phone might seem an unnecessary step to some, and it’s really up to the individual to decide whether they wish to implement this process. This is a useful option for someone who is afraid of having their account hacked, and wants total knowledge that they are the only one’s accessing their profile.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function zemanta_related_posts() in /home/thinki39/public_html/theworstkeptsecret.com/wp-content/themes/Alpha_1-5/single.php on line 82