“At Email Fig Silhoutte Slide Computer” © 2012 Geralt, used under a Creative Commons Attribution-Public Domain Dedication license: http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en
Creating a Vanity URL on your LinkedIn page is just one of the small but necessary steps you should take when creating your profile, as it can help other users to locate you.
A Vanity URL is a personalised URL, meaning that you would have your name in place of a random sequence of numbers at the end of your LinkedIn address.
- Predetermined LinkedIn URL: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/7412WIF463S
- Customised Vanity URL: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/joebloggs1234
Who for: LinkedIn users
What to do:
See how to create a Vanity URL in the following video, or follow these simple steps.
- Log in to LinkedIn
- Hover over ‘Profile’ on the navigation bar at the top of the page and click ‘Edit Profile’
- Scroll down your profile page until you get to the line that has a URL similar to http://uk.linkedin.com/in/7412WIF463S . Click Edit.
- Click on ‘Customize your public profile URL’
- Enter your desired URL, then click ‘Set Custom URL’.
So What?: Creating a vanity URL will allow you to continue to build your own personal brand. By making sure your vanity URL contains the same name that you use on other social networking platforms, you can make it very easy for your clients or fans to find you online. The key to online success is consistency. You want to own your name online.
Remember how you used to be able to find who you needed by flicking through the Yellow Pages? That process is still alive and well today, but it’s just online now!.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function zemanta_related_posts() in /home/thinki39/public_html/theworstkeptsecret.com/wp-content/themes/Alpha_1-5/single.php on line 82